Friday, February 6, 2009

Fun non- traditional action songs for circle time

I have come up with a number of fun non traditional songs for circle time. It is nice to change things up a bit sometimes and learn new songs.

Fishies in the water - I use this all the time, to go from sitting to standing position during circle time. It goes like this

Fishies in the water(use arms to swim like fish)
Fishies in the sea
We all jump up, with a 1-2-3.

Toe Knee Chest Nut - This song is cute. I think I learned it at one of my kids drop in playgroups way back when. It was a miracle I could remember it.
Pointing to body parts(nut is head) and I love you(point to eyes, Heart, kids)

Toe, Knee, Chest, Nut, Nose I love you
Toe, Knee, Nose
Toe, Knee, Nose
Toe, Knee, Chest, Nut, Nose I love you
That's what Toe, Knee, Nose

It is fun to do this song through a couple of times, getting a bit faster each time.

Look at all the bunnies sleeping - Another one of those from my when my kids were younger in playgroup. Have all the children lie down, and then sing:

Look at all the bunnies sleeping till it's nearly noon
Shall we go and wake them, yes very soon
Are they ill, Shhhhhh
There so stilll, Shhhhh

Wake up,
Hop little bunny, hop, hop, hop
Hop little bunny, hop, hop, hop
Hop little bunny, hop, hop , hop
and sit back down.

2 little hands - found this one online. Cute song
Tune - Twinkle, twinkle little star

Have all the kids standing..
2 little hands go clap, clap, clap(clap hands)
2 little feet go tap, tap, tap(tap feet on floor)
2 little hands go thump, thump, thump(tap hands on floor)
2 little feet go jump, jump, jump(jump up and down)
One little body turns around,
One little child sits quietly down

Open them, Shut them - Here is another song, I learned from a library program my kids were in. Great way to get the kids settled and listening.

Have the kids show their hands

Open them/shut them
Open them/shut them
Give a little clap
Open them/shut them
Open them/shut them
and put them in your lap
Creep them, crawl them, creep them, crawl them
Right up to your chin
Open wide your little mouth
But don't let them in.

One Potato - Not sure where I found this, but somewhere online for sure

Holding up fingers one at a time, count
one potato
two potato
three potato
four,
five potato
six potato
seven potatoes
more!

10 fingers - I learned this one, from another instructor - holding up hands and counting fingers as you go

1 little
2 little
3 little fingers
4 little, 5 little
6 little fingers
7 little, 8 little
9 little fingers
10 little fingers on my hands.. Give them a wiggle, give them a stretch

Then count backwards to 1.

Right hand/left hand - found again, online

This is my right hand(hold up right hand)
I'll raise it up high(hold it up)
This is my left hand(hold up left hand)
I'll touch the sky(hold it up)

Right hand(show hand) left hand(show hand)
roll them around(roll hands in a circle)
left hand(show hand) right hand(show hand)
pound, pound, pound(pound hands together on top of each other)

Roll your hands - another I found online

Roll your hands so slowly(roll hands slowly)
as slowly as can be
roll your hands so quickly(roll hands fast)
as quickly as can be
Clap your hands so softly(clap hands soft)
as softly as can be
Clap your hands so loudly(clap hands loud)
as loudly as can be
Clap your hands so loudly and then
fold them just like me(fold hands on lap)

Ten fingers(different from above)

I have 10 fingers(hold up both hands showing fingers)
and then all belong to me(point to self)
I can make them do things
Would you like to see

I can shut them up tight(make fists)
I can open them up wide(open hands)
I can put them together(place palms together)
I can make them all hide(put hands behind back)
I can make them jump high(hold hands up high)
I can make them jump low(hold hands low)
I can fold them up quietly(fold hands in lap)
and hold them just so.

Rags

I have a dog, his name is rags
he eats so much, his tummy sags
his ears flip flop, his tail wig wags
and when he walks, he walks zig zag

he goes filp flop, wig, wag, zig, zag (hands to head to flip flop ears)
he goes filp flop, wig, wag, zig, zag (twist hips to wig/wag)
he goes filp flop, wig, wag, zig, zag (twist and bend knees zig/zag)
I love rags and he loves me

My dog rags, he loves to play
he rolls around in the mud all day
I whistle - he won't obey
he always runs the other way
he goes filp flop, wig, wag, zig, zag (hands to head to flip flop ears)
he goes filp flop, wig, wag, zig, zag (twist hips to wig/wag)
he goes filp flop, wig, wag, zig, zag (twist and bend knees zig/zag)
I love rags and he love me.

I can wiggle my fingers
(do actions below)

I can wiggle my fingers
I can wiggle my toes
I can wiggle my shoulders
I can wiggle my nose
I can wiggle the wiggles all out of me (wiggle all over)
and I can be still, as still as still can be

Climb aboard the spaceship
Tune: Itsy bitsy spider

Climb aboard the spaceship (pretend to climb in space ship)
we're going to the moon (point to the sky)
hurry and get ready
we're going to blast off soon
put on your helmets (pretend to put on helmets)
and buckle up real tight (pretend to buckle up)
here comes the countdown
let's count with all our might
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1---Blast off!

Engine On The Track

Here is the engine on the track (hold up thumb)
Here is the coal car, just in back (pointer)
Here is the box car to carry freight (middle)
Here is the mail car. Don't be late. (ring)
Way back here at the end of the train. (little)
Rides the caboose through the sun and rain.




For other non traditional or theme related songs, check out this link Here. It is a great site with lyrics and tunes to all sorts of fun songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment